Daily news

Welcome to my Blog, hope you will enjoy it:)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

War- Living Hell

Time period- Vietnam War



October 1946 Weather: Cloudy and rainy

The war is still ongoing, with the deafening sound of cannon in the distant horizon. My family and I have no food, no clean water to drink and the living conditions was indescribable. I still remembered where I was trotting on a field near my house where I saw a little girl with a handmade doll in front of me. She was extremely angelic and adorable and she smiled at me. Then all of a sudden, 10 feet away from where I was standing, the laughter of the little girl vanished, instead was replaced by the dreaded explosion. Everyone was screaming as yet another innocent life was taken by the heartless weapon below the ground. I turned back and ran back to my house. Behind me I could still hear the sizzling sound of the fire burning on the field. Later that night a bout of torrential rain moistened the land and extinguished and washed away the scar left on the ground. Outside, the guns are still screaming their lungs out. Night turned into day as the sharp light of the gunfire could be seen. I brought out some dry pieces of pretzel and laid them on the table.The light bulb flickered weakly and my 4 children, wife stared at the dry bread. I pushed the plate to them and told them that they could have it all and I would just fill my stomach with water. They shook their head and said that we would hare and that everyone must have a fair share of it. I was rather glad that my children were so well behaved. We crowded together and ate our bread. "Run! The bombs!" someone screamed from outside. We quickly went to an underground shelter which was already there long ago. I know that it would be difficult for even to survive. We are like the helpless flame on the candle, struggling against the gentle breeze. Even if we did survive, we will burn ourself out and show our brightness until the wick disappeared

No comments:

Post a Comment